Monday, April 19, 2010

Just Call Me Chef..

I have to pat myself on the back for a job well done in the kitchen lately.  I usually blog about baking but this time it is the real deal.  The main course, real deal.  I have been coming up with some very delicious and healthy meals lately and I wanted to share with all of you.  Let me start with a delicious aspagagus risotto I made on my birthday.  RISOTTO!  Many people shy away from Risotto because of all that tedious stirring but I was up for the challenge.  Adding fresh asparagus and carrots to the mix was a healthified bonus!  It was a huge success and what a delicious and special (because let's face it, Risotto will never be part of the daily dinner menu rotation, although the stirring wasn't too bad, honestly) birthday dinners! This weekend I made a pasta tossed with fresh spinach and sweet & spicy Italian sausage with fresh tomatoes and parmiggiano regiano cheese, mmmmm. Mouth watering.  Last night I made a roasted chicken with veggies and little crescent rolls, now that is a Sunday Dinner Comfort Food!  Tonight, LEFTOVERS!!!!!  What could be better?  I saw Martha Stewart on a talk show this weekend talking about her mothers homemade pierogi's.  I think I'll try those out for Mothers Day.  My mother would be so happy to have fresh, homemade pierogi's.  I'll let you know how they come out. 

1 comments:

Liz said...

Martha's Pierogi recipes is the best!!!! Good Luck!