Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Home For The Holidays


That’s what the holidays mean to me. Home. We just put a wood burning stove in our home and it is so perfect for this time of year. All I want to do is sit in front of the fire with my loved ones all around and relax, and eat and be merry! A nice big pot of chili on the top of the stove, football on TV, snow on the ground and family nestled around the fire. It’s like a Thomas Kinkade painting! Wait, does he do landscapes? Well, you get the idea!

Normally, I dread the winter months. That means cold weather, heavy winter coats, runny noses and shoveling snow. But there is just something so comforting about coming home to a warm cozy fire that makes me feel like it should be winter all the time. Last night I made smores. I am not even a huge smore fan but of course, last night I had the most amazing smore ever because it was in my living room. YUM!

So for all of you out there that have some source of fire in your homes, whether it be a wood-burning stove or a fireplace, cheers to you! For those of you who don’t, you are welcome anytime. Everyone should get to enjoy the warming elements of a crackling fire.

After all, Fire is Life!

0 comments: