Monday, April 11, 2011

Too old for Disney?

Recently I took a trip to Walt Disney World And Epcot Center in beautiful Orlando, Fl.  I almost cancelled the trip thinking "Am I too old for Disney?"  But since the plans were already made and people were counting on me, I decided to go.  What a great decision that was!  It was just like I remembered it as a child.  We went on rides like the Runaway Train, Burned Rubber on the Go Carts, Spun Myself Silly on the Mad Tea Party Tea Cup Ride, went on a Safari through many native lands and toured the Enchanted Forest of Fantasyland on Peter Pan's Flight.  Then we hopped the monorail over to the giant golf ball otherwise known as Epcot Center to tour the culture and cuisine of 11 wonderful countries: Mexico, Italy, Germany, Morocco, China, Japan, Norway, France, US, UK & Canada.  It is hard to pick a favorite since they are all so different.  Each country offers there own unique shops and eateries.  But if I had to pick a favorite I would have to say Mexico.  There is soo much to see there and the restaurant is lit up beautifully.  There is also a boat ride that takes you right through the restaurant.  The grounds at Epcot are truly magnificent and there were over 75 Disney character topiaries throughout the park.  I wanted to just run around and see them all.  Here is one of my favorites that was in Italy. How sweet are they?  Don't forget the spectacular firework show at dusk.  It is a must see for all! 
Lady & The Tramp


If the opportunity arrises and a trip to Disney presents itself, jump on it!  My conclusion is you are NEVER too old for disney.

Thank you Walt Disney for making me feel like a kid again!!

2 comments:

Anna said...

I can't wait! My husband and I are going to Disney next month and we don't have children! I thought we may look weird going on the rides by ourselves. I am glad to know we are not the only ones!!

Rebecca said...

Totally agree, we just came back from Disney. We do have a 6 yr old but it was so precious to see her face light up when the princess parade came down Main Street. She absolutely loves Cinderella! What a great experience!